GREEN CHAIN PULLER
Clean work areas in and around sawmill using hand tools such as aluminum shovel, metal rake, wheelbarrow, pitchforks, broom and air hose. Pick up, sort and remove debris from floor and areas surrounding machines in the sawmill. Place sawdust, chips and small pieces of boards into wheelbarrow and take out to pile for others to remove. May place considerable amounts of waste into "hog" or chippers that make beauty bark or sawdust for re-sale. May occasionally operate small tractor with front scoop to drag larger piles outside. Manual clean up of fallen pieces of lumber off conveyor chains and sawdust from cutting wet logs.
1. Pulls boards off conveyor using hands
2. Stands in front of conveyor, measures dimension of board as it passes by.
3. Removes lumber and places onto piles.
4. Bands and pushes units down ramp for forklift driver.
5. Sawdust and scrap cleanup during downtime.
1. Adjust to perform repetitious, uncomplicated work
2. Follow instructions and directions
3. Observe safety rules
Machinery, tools, equipment, personal protective equipment:
Aluminum shovel with wooden handle, rakes of various sizes and shapes, pitchforks, wheelbarrow, air hoses, tractor with front-end scoop, broom, etc.
• Working at heights/balancing Frequently
• Lifting and Carrying
• Climbing ladders/Stairs
• Twisting at waist.
Indoors/covered 90-95% of a normal day.
HOURS / SHIFTS:
For safety, one requires earplugs, hardhat, safety glasses, and steel toe boots. Long shirts and pants needed plus gloves
1404 E College Way
Mount Vernon, WADirections